Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Vegan Breakfast Nachos and Chorizo


I took this recipe from the Post Punk Kitchen, which if you don't follow, you should.  I don't care if you're a vegan or a meat and potatoes person, Isa's recipes have never let me down.  First, who doesn't like breakfast or nachos?  It makes so much sense to combine the two together that I'm jealous I didn't think of it first.

You can find the recipe here.  Basically, it's roasted potatoes, scrambled tofu, black beans, avocado salsa, and a "cheese" sauce that I think would fool you if you didn't know it wasn't really cheese.  I mean I bet it's closer to cheese than a certain bright yellow cheese food that is a staple of Midwestern casseroles, and that I love but am convinced it's only one step away from plastic.

Really, look at that cheesy sauce!

I will be making this again, but if Jason is around, I'll skip the scrambled tofu because I found out he hates turmeric, which is what makes this look like scrambled eggs.  I think I'll substitute vegan chorizo instead, which is another Isa recipe that I forgot to mention yesterday when I did my Meatless May wrap-up.

The chorizo has an almost eerily realistic sausage feel when you eat it.  It's easy to make, and I put it over Huevos Rancheros, but I'd like to try it in other dishes.   I mean look, it even looks like sausage!






No comments:

Post a Comment