Friday, February 10, 2012

Weeknight Kitchen: Minestrone

My husband doesn't like soup.  I know, I know, it's weird.  He will tolerate soup occasionally, and he really does enjoy chili, but other than that he doesn't really believe that soup is a meal, and it's only acceptable when sick. I make very hearty chicken noodle soup, and I've served it to him many times.  He has no memory of it. I even asked him if he wanted some chicken noodle soup for supper the next week, and he asked "what's your chicken noodle soup like?"  Let me also state that we had eaten this soup for lunch that day.  Despite Jason's disdain for soup, I still made the Weeknight Kitchen Minestrone when it showed up in my inbox a few weeks ago.  The minestrone was filled with vegetables, tomatoes, beans, and pasta and reminded me of eating a pasta sauce, but in a good way.  Jason liked it, but he won't be requesting it any time soon.   Fortunately, the recipe made quite a bit, so I have a few boxes stashed in the freezer.  Maybe someday I'll actually find a soup Jason requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment